Tuesday, January 24, 2012

snail mail that gives me a lift...

last week, when i checked the mail, i realized that there are a few things that are mailed to me that make me LIGHT UP -- not the bills, or coupons or ads, but the information i receive regularly about my boy, Imran from Kolkata, India. i love India -- though i haven't visited Kolkata specifically, i've been to the capital New Delhi, and a few other places in the northern part of the country.

now, that's some snail mail worth smiling about! wouldn't you smile if you saw something from this child in your mail?


he has even gotten my name change down! i know some of you who know me well still have me listed somewhere as lindsay "fudenna" instead of demary. (it's not that big of a deal to me, i'm just saying, this kid's got it goin on!)


it's such a joy to be a part of Imran's life, even all the way across the world. thanks to children international for making it possible for randy and i to sow into a precious life in a place of such great need.

i could go on and on about Imran -- how smart he is, how sweet his letters are and how much he's grown since i started my relationship with him, but i'll save that for another time.
hope you get some mail that makes your day soon, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment