Monday, January 16, 2012

*no person is an island*

"God's will for us is not only that we should be the persons God means us to be, 
but that we should share in the work of creation and help Jesus to make us into the persons he means us to be. Always, and in all things, God's will for me is that I should shape my own destiny, work out my own salvation, forge my own eternal happiness, in the way God has planned it for me. And since no person is an island, since we all depend on one another, I cannot work out God's will in my own life unless I also consciously help other people to work out God's will in theirs. God's will, then, is our sanctification, our transformation in Christ, our deeper and fuller integration with other people. And this integration results not in the absorption and disappearance of our own personality, but in its affirmation and its perfection."


Taken from the above book, by Thomas Merton (an ancient Christian writer)
This book is another great read on discerning the will of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment