Wednesday, November 23, 2011

grandma's apple pie...

It's become a tradition... I make pies for Thanksgiving. 
It started with learning to make pie crust from my mom's best friend when I was homeschooled back in the day (pre-junior high).

But then my brother and I somehow began learning to carry on the tradition of making apple pies for Thanksgiving... but not just any apple pie. 
Grandma Sachi's apple pie. 
Two years ago, I even made it in Louisiana when I went to meet my future in-laws... 


Here's this year's scrumptious pie:


Actually, it was this very recipe that I used to capture Randy's heart on his first visit to California. Thanks, Grandma!

Seriously, though, making this pie every year for Thanksgiving is a way that I feel connected to not just my grandmother, but also to my brother (who is now responsible for the apple pie for the Fu-gatherings at grandma's house), as well as to the rest of my family when circumstances require missing the big party at grandma's house. 

But at least this Thanksgiving, I get to be with some of my favorite people:

 My sister Tiff and her kids, Alyssa, Hailey and Jordan,


my hubby (of course!), and our friends Bill & Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment