Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sugar Cookies

Today, I was brave -- all the kids age 2 and up in the building (except one) came over to make sugar cookies!

Most of them had never decorated Christmas cookies before, so I got to be the first to introduce them to this fun American tradition. I did my best to have everything ready before they came to minimize the chaos...


 
And then the fun began! This was the first time the boys came...



I think the boys enjoyed it as much as the rest of us. :)




 The (almost) finished product...



Fun was had by all while the cookies baked.




And the cookies came out great, thanks to this fantastic recipe from Real Simple. But after an hour and a half of 10 kids between the ages of 2 and 13, we were ready to show the parents the fantastic cookies we made (well, at least the ones we hadn't eaten yet...)

No comments:

Post a Comment