Monday, March 11, 2013

Cal Poly Pomona XA

Recently, I heard from the current staff leader of my (Lindsay's) old campus group at Cal Poly Pomona.

Ironically, the leadership team flip-flopped from being primarily female-heavy to male-heavy in the course of my time there. For the majority of my time there, it seemed that all I could find were available women who wanted to step into leadership. But by the time I left, I said goodbye to a primarily male group of willing leaders.

Today, I spent some time looking through the current website of the group and was overjoyed as I read through the bios of leaders serving. There are still more men in leadership than women, but they have now recruited two women (hooray!) to join the ranks. Additionally, the majority of the people serving are in their earlier years of schooling there. This is a huge praise report! It is so clear that God has been divinely leading and very much at work in bringing these young people together to serve on a campus that so desperately needs the love of Christ to be exhibited and shared. They are doing large group gatherings more frequently now than ever (every other week) and have 3 weekly Bible study groups that meet.

I guess I just wanted to brag a bit about God and these awesome young people. And, of course, thank so many of you out there who have prayed and given to make it possible for the initial seeds to be planted on that campus. I'd say these are signs of further fruit on that campus.


Check out their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment