Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Trade as One :: change lives with everything you buy

Trade as One, a Santa Cruz-based organization, sparked my interest about a year ago when my eldest sister (people still ask who's older when they see us together) volunteered for them for awhile.

They offer TONS of products in their online shop AND promise to ship things the same day (as long as orders are placed before 1pm). That's not too shabby, if you ask me.

Similar to Heavenly Treasures and many of the other companies I've researched over the last several months, Trade as One claims the following as their mission:


Our mission is to use fair trade to promote sustainable business 
and break cycles of poverty and dependency in the developing world. 
We all have a conscience. 
We want to make sure people get the chance to use it when they shop. 

As I quickly perused their website today, I realized that they have done a bunch of research for me (and you!) in regards to which brands commit to the Fair Trade standard. Hooray! Remember my hunt for chocolate brands that I could buy without the fear of participating in child slavery in the process?? Trade as One sells the same brands I found I could support.

I'm hooked. I think that when I cannot find a local place where I can buy things like chocolate, tea, and gifts, I'm going straight to their website. Check them out here.

*Image found here.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment