Sunday, August 28, 2011

Prayer request: Lindsay's aunt

Many of you probably have heard about my (Lindsay's) aunt who has been diagnosed with cancer. Though her initial prognosis two years ago was grim, she has done better than anyone thought was possible in response to her chemo trial treatment... until last week when her regular CAT Scan came back with news that her cancer has spread.

It's one of those situations where we knew the cancer would outsmart her previous drug treatment eventually and now that "eventually" is here... Nobody knows how her body will react to the new treatment, nor how much fight her body has left in her.

Surreal is the only word that seems to sum up my current state of mind and heart. Two years ago, we thought she only had two years to live... now that it's been two years (and the past two years have been relatively "easy" in terms of her body's ability to handle the chemo), it's as if we are just hearing this bad news for the first time all over again. How bad is it? How well will this chemo treatment work? How sick will she get? And honestly, can her body handle much more?

At this point, I can only barely grasp the reality that is setting in and ask for your prayers for my aunt, her doctors and treatment, and our family as we continue to love her and share Christ with her, support and cherish her beautiful life moment by moment.

This woman is in my list of top 5 female heroes -- she was a 2nd mother to me, has been the epitome of thoughtful and generous to me, has supported me and encouraged me to reach for my dreams and has always looked for ways to stay connected to my siblings and I. She's been the best auntie in the world. Thank you for lifting her and my family to the Lord in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment