Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Visit to Cal Poly Pomona

I (Lindsay) have the joy and privilege of reviewing and recording the faithful giving we receive as we continue in our work by the generous support of our loved ones. Tonight, as I was catching up on our records, I had a very fresh and personal reminder of just how blessed we are and how faithful so many of YOU are! We love what we do and we love doing it as a team :)

Speaking of what we do... just about a week ago, Randy was invited to speak at a university class on the topic of Biblical Justice. He did such a great job! I got to come along and document it and experience with him the delight in seeing light bulbs go on in students as they began to grasp the complexity of today's issues in light of our Christian values. We'll share more in our next newsletter (which will be SOON!)

Something I have been pondering lately is the story of Jonah... not just the fact that he lived in a whale's belly for three days, but the fact that he disobeyed God almost entirely because he knew that God would be gracious and compassionate to the "bad" Ninevites (check out Jonah chapter 4). I've been struck by God's grace to the undeserving paralleled with Jonah's anger at the undeserving receiving such compassion. I welcome your comments and would love to dialogue about this story!

The Cal Poly Pomona Chi Alpha crew has invited me to speak at their next XA service called "Encounter" on campus. I am so excited to have the opportunity to visit with some students and share some of these ponderings about Jonah that God has so graciously revealed to me.

Prayers are always appreciated --
*that God would come in power as I speak and that He would work in students hearts on Feb. 24th
*continued compiling and editing of the Dikaios project teaching material for the Biblical Justice Class
*the campuses that will be starting our "beta-test" of the Biblical Justice material in the coming weeks
*the spiritual direction ministry that I will be starting in my Master's practicum (I could be meeting with students as early as the end of this week!)
*and that Randy and I would continue to walk in obedience and faithfulness to the call in our lives.

Blessings and love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment